Marketing and Communications Officer
What is it like to be a Marketing and Communications Officer?
Marketing and communications officers coordinate the marketing, advertising and public relations activities for businesses and non-profit entities. They use their expertise to oversee and direct advertising and communications processes, plans and executions, with various campaigns such as social media strategies, media relations activities, or stakeholder engagement.
Marketing and communications managers work in both marketing and communications sectors, as well as where the two duties intersect.
This data shows historical and projected employment levels (thousands) for this occupation. Data should be used as a guide only. Where exact job data has not been available, data from a related field has been used. Source: ABS Labour Force Survey.
Is it right for me?
As a marketing and communications officer, you will think creatively and strategically to develop campaigns, plans and strategies to assist the overall position of an organisation. You further possess the following attributes:
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Bachelor of Arts (Public Relations Studies)
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations Extended)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Public Relations and Marketing)
Which pathway is best for you is individual in nature. Contact a career counsellor to explore these options further.
The Marketing major within the Bachelor of Business and Commerce is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) and students are eligible for credit towards becoming a Certified Practicing Marketer (CPM) upon completion.
The Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations) and the Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations Extended) are accredited with the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).